The Noble Qur’an for the Muslims is the book of Divine guidance and direction for mankind revealed by Allah (God) to His final messenger Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). It is regarded as the finest work in classical Arabic literature still in its original form (without any alterations) since it was revealed 1400+ years ago! The Qur’an is divided into chapters (surah) which contains verses (ayah).
Quran online: Quran.com
Following are some interesting facts and basics about the Qur’an for Muslims and non-Muslim readers.
- What is the meaning of the word “Qur’an”?
That which is Read
- Where was the Qur’an revealed first?
In the cave of Hira (Makkah)
- On which night was the Qur’an first revealed?
Lailatul-Qadr (Night of the Power) in the month of Ramadhan
- Who revealed the Qur’an?
Allah revealed the Qur’an
- Through whom was the Qur’an revealed?
Through Angel Jibreel (Gabriel)
- To whom was the Qur’an revealed?
To the last Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him)
- What was the age of Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) when Qur’an was first revealed to him through Angel Jibreel?
- What was the interval between the first and the second revelation?
- How long did Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) received the revelation of the Qur’an in Makkah?
- How long did Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) received the revelation of the Qur’an in Madinah?
- Where was the first Surah revealed?
- Where was the last Surah revealed?
- How many years did it take for the complete revelation of the Qur’an?
- What are the conditions for holding or touching the Qur’an?
- What are the other names of the Qur’an according to the Qur’an itself?
- Which is the longest Surah (Chapter) in the Qur’an?
- Which is the smallest Surah in the Qur’an?
- Which Surah (chapter) of the Qur’an is to be read compulsorily in each raka’at of the Salah (Prayer)?
- Who was the only woman whose personal name is found in the Qur’an?
- How many Makki Surahs (chapters) are there in the Qur’an?
- How many Madani Surahs(chapters) are there in the Qur’an?
- How many Manzils (stages) are there in the Qur’an?
- How many Para or Juz (parts) are there in the Qur’an?
- How many Surahs (chapters) are there in the Qur’an?
- How many Rukoo (paragraphs) are there in the Qur’an?
- Who is the first ‘Haafiz’ (memorizer) of the Qur’an?
- How many verses of Prostation (Sajda-e-Tilawat) are there in the Qur’an?
- In which Surah (chapter) do you find the first verse about Sajda (prostation)?
- Where in the Qur’an has Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) been named ‘Ahmad’?
- Name the Prophet whose name is mentioned and discussed most in the Qur’an?
- Which chapter (surah) of the Qur’an was Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) reciting while praying, that Jubayr ibn Mut’im listened to and embraced Islam?
- Which was the Surah of the Qur’an which the Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) had recited when one of his enemies Utba after listening to it fell in Sajda (prostation)?
- Who is the man about whom, Allah has said in the Qur’an that his body is kept as an admonishing example for future generations to come?
- Besides the body of Pharaoh, what is that thing which is kept as an admonishing example for future generations to come?
- After the wreckage of Prophet Noah’s Ark, which is its place of rest mentioned in the Qur’an?
- In the Qur’an there is a mention of a Prophet who has been called by his mother’s name. Who was he?
- Which was the agreement that was titled Fath-hum-Mubeen’ without fighting a battle?
- What are the different names used for Satan or Devil in the Qur’an?
- Which category of creature does the Qur’an put ‘Iblees’ into?
- What were those worships and prayers that were ordered by Allah to the community of Bani Israeel and which were continued by the Muslim Ummah also?
- The Qur’an repeatedly warns of a certain day. Which day it is?
- Who were those people with whom Allah was pleased and they were pleased with Him, as mentioned in the Qur’an?
- Which Surah is regarded as the Heart of the Quran?
- What is the scale or measure of one’s dignity according to the Qur’an?
- Where in the Quran water is pointed out as the origin of all life?
- Which is the Surah (Chapter) that does not start with Bismillah?
- In which Surah (Chapter) of the Qur’an Bismillah is repeated twice?
- How many Surahs (Chapters) in the Qur’an have the titles named after different Prophets?
- Who were the three non-prophets whose names are mentioned with due respect in the Qur’an?
- In which part of the Qur’an do you find ‘Ayat-ul-Kursi’ (Verse of the Throne)?
- How many different names of Allah are mentioned in the Qur’an?
- What will be our condition on ‘The Day of the Judgement’ according to the Qur’an?
- Who was the Prophet mentioned in the Qur’an whose three generations were prophets?
- What does the Qur’an say about property and wealth?
- According to the Qur’an who is “khaatamun Nabiyyeen” (the last of the Prophets)?
- In the Qur’an what other name is given to the city of Makkah?
- According to the Qur’an what other name is given to the city of Madinah?
- Whose Generation is known as “Bani Israeel” according to the Qur’an?
- Which verse in the Qur’an prohibits the consumption of alcohol?
- What is the term used by Muslims for people who have completely memorized the Holy Qur’an?
2 years and six months
One has to be clean and recommended to be with Wudhu (ablution)
Al-Furqaan, Al-Kitaab, Al-Zikr, Al-Noor, Al-Huda
Surah Al-Baqarah (chapter-2)
Surah Al-Kausar (chapter-108)
Surah Al-Fatihah (chapter-1)
Maryam / Mary (mother of Jesus)
Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him)
Surat Al-‘A`raf Chapter-7 Verse-206
Surah As-Saf Chapter-61 Verse-6
And [mention] when Jesus, the son of Mary, said, “O children of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of Allah to you confirming what came before me of the Torah and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad.” But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, “This is obvious magic.”
Prophet Musa (Moses)
Surah At-Tur (52nd chapter)
The first five verses of Surah Fussilat (chapter-41)
Mountain of Judi
Jesus [Prophet Isa (Alahis salaam)] is mentioned as Isa Ibn Maryam (Jesus the son of Mary)
Treaty of Hudaibiya
Iblees and Ash-Shaitaan
Salaat and Zakaat
Yaumul Qiyamah (The Day of Judgment)
Companions of Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) [Quran 9:100]
Surah Yaseen (chapter-36)
Surah Al-Anbya (chapter-21 verse-30)
Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?
Surah At-Tawbah (chapter 9)
At-Tauba’ or ‘repentance’, exposes the true qualities of the hypocrites and threatens them with a woeful doom. It can be likened to a stern warning made in the strongest terms. Hence, an opening, which stresses divine mercy and compassion, does not seem particularly fitting to the subject matter of the Surah. Therefore, Allah has not started with the phrase you have mentioned which begins every other Surah in the Qur’an. To recite this phrase at its beginning is forbidden because it constitutes an addition to the Qur’an which is not part of it.
Surah An-Naml (chapter-27)
One in the beginning (verse-1) and other in the middle (verse-30)
a) Surah al-Yunus (chapter-10)
b) Surah al-Hud (chapter-11)
c) Surah al-Yusuf (chapter-12)
d) Surah al- Ibrahim (chapter-14)
e) Surah al-Nuh (chapter-71)
f) Surah al-Muhammad (chapter-47)
Luqman, Aziz of Egypt and Zulqarnain
Surat Al-Baqarah (chapter-2 verse-255)
99 Names (visit 99 Names of Allah)
Everybody will be in a state of anxiety (mentioned in chapter-79 verse-8)
They are tests of ones faith [2:155]
Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him)
Bakkah [chapter-3 verse-96]
Baladul Ameen (the safe city) [chapter-95 verse-3]
Ummul Qura (mother of cities) [chapter-42 verse-7]
Yathrib [chapter-33 verse-13]
The generation of Prophet Yaqoob (peace be upon him) who is also known as Israeel
Surah Al-Ma’idah [chapter-5 verse-90]
O you who have believed, indeed, intoxicants, gambling, [sacrificing on] stone alters [to other than Allah ], and divining arrows are but defilement from the work of Satan, so avoid it that you may be successful.
Note: If you are knowledgable in Islam and find any mistakes in the answers, kindly note us in the comment section below this page. Also inform us below if you want us to add more similar questions.